This week’s document is affiliate terms, we know how many products and services rely on affiliate marketing so here is a nice clear set of terms to help you.
Affiliate Link Agreement- no restrictions
WHEN TO USE THIS DOCUMENT
This Affiliate Agreement is an agreement used by an e-commerce website, selling products and/or services, who wish to increase traffic and sales to their website. This version allows the affiliate to operate without geographical boundaries or restrictions.
The website enters into an Affiliate Agreement with another website who will create a link to refer their web users to the e-commerce website and, in return for this, the e-commerce website will pay that website a commission
For example website A wants to increase sales. Website A enters into an Affiliate agreement with website B. On their own website, website B creates a recommendation and link to website A. when a customer on website B’s website clicks through to website A and makes a purchaser, website A pays a percentage of that sale to website B, by way of commission.
This agreement includes the option to allow the merchant website prepares the invoices on behalf of affiliates (known as self-billing) but you will probably require HMRC approval. This can usually be obtained by contacting your local area VAT Business Centre with details of the systems which you propose to use.
THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING:
- Application and approval process
- Use and limitations
- Limitations on liability
- Fees and payment – with tracking mechanism, VAT & optional self-billing
- Data Protection
DO NOT USE THIS DOCUMENT
- if you intend to create any form of actual partnership or agency
- if you need specialist documents for particular and/or complex affiliate agreements
- unless you are sure that the website you will be affiliated to operates within the boundaries or if you feel that your independence will be compromised