WHEN TO USE THIS DOCUMENT?
This document is an employment contract for permanent employment. It is not for use with employment that is for a fixed term (e.g. a 12 month contract). It can be used for most job roles except directors – please see our other documents.
It allows you to tailor to suit the particular needs of the employer, employee and job role. It outlines the obligations of both the employer and the employee (working hours, job role, payment of salary and expenses, what happens on termination) and is intended to protect both employer and the employee, so that they both understand what is expected.
By law all employees should have a written statement about their employment within 8 weeks of starting work. This agreement helps comply with legal obligations and contains all the clauses that all employment contracts should have but allows you to add on and customise as the job role requires.
All of our documents combine professional legal and personnel/HR knowledge with practical experience in business to provide an easy to use documents which meet your legal responsibilities and obligations.
THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING:
It covers the issues that such agreements need to deal with including:
- Details about your business and the employee
- Optional probation period
- Information about the job
- Details about the place or places of work
- Details about the standards of work
- Work allocation – to minimise potential stress and related claims against your business
- Wages / salary payment
- Hours of work and breaks
- Overtime options
- Time keeping
- Holiday and absence due to sickness, maternity / paternity / adoption
- Retirement & pensions
- Health & safety
DO NOT USE THIS DOCUMENT
- If you intend to create any agreement for a fixed term job role or for a director – please see our other documents.
HOW TO USE THIS DOCUMENT
This is a MS Word document and is easy to use and adapt. The document uses green text so that you can customise your document to suit the circumstances in which it is used and blue text to provide extra guidance notes.