We are Law Hound Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, Company Registration Number 06839202. Our Trading Address is International House, 61 Mosely Street, Manchester, M2 3HZ and our e-mail address is [email protected]. Our VAT is Number is 306 4992 89.
1 ABOUT OUR AGREEMENT
(1) Unless we specifically agree something different with you in writing (such as if we agree to supply bespoke services to you), these Terms and Conditions of Sale (Terms), together with the Website User Terms policies on our Website at www.lawhound.co.uk and any other venues we use (including, but not limited to, https://thelhg.co.uk/ https:/and https://lhg.newzenler.com/ any files or landing page sites which link back to them (Platforms), and your Order Confirmation (the email we send to confirm we have accepted your order which details the Products we will supply to you) form our Agreement with you (the user) and apply when you use our Website, and/or our Platforms to buy, access or use our Products.
(2) (a) We provide Products, including documents, toolkits, videos, training, and digital content (which the Consumer Rights Act 2015 describes as data produced and supplied in digital form). Products are subject to availability, reasonable use and the licence terms detailed in these Terms or as you are notified otherwise. We reserve the right to alter the Products, Website or contents without liability and without prior notice.
(b) Products are only for guidance and are not personal nor written especially for you. They are not professional legal, financial or other advice nor guarantee results/outcomes and do not come with any personal guidance or support whatsoever, only any general support provided within the Product.
(c) You agree to only use our Products legally, for their intended purposes, and in accordance with any applicable information, instructions, guidance, Terms, licence and intellectual property rights, taking all care to ensure that they are suitable for you and, as permitted, adapted for your needs and use.
(3) We work with selected individuals and organisations (Third Parties), including those who own and operate the Platforms we use, and you will be asked to agree to their terms as you sign up to the Platform and/or as you use it. Third Parties are responsible for content or anything which they provide.
2 ORDERING FROM US
(1) You can order from our Website and Platforms by following the order process on them.
(2) On acceptance of an order, we provide an Order Confirmation (an email detailing what you have bought and what we will supply).
3 PRICES AND PAYMENT
(1) The final price you pay, which will include any applicable VAT, will be displayed on the Website or Platforms before you place your order and buy from us.
(2) Offers – Offers (such as discounts, vouchers, codes, special offers, promotions) are subject to availability and the terms and conditions of that offer. You can only use one offer per order, and they are not retrospective, nor transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of any offer or cancel or withdraw offers at any time, without notice.
(3) Unless we agree otherwise, payment must be made in full, in GBP, using our accepted payment methods as shown on the relevant Website or Platforms before orders are placed. However, if applicable, any deposits are non-refundable unless consumer rights apply – see section 9.
(4) Instalment Payment Option – we may offer you an Instalment Payment Option so you can pay for a Product over a period of time, rather than in one lump-sum payment. This is not a credit agreement regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and we follow the rules so that
(a) An Instalment Payment Option is for a fixed amount, available to buy specific Products from us and
(b) You must pay in 12 or less instalments over a 12-month period and
(c) You will not pay more because you are paying by instalments (except for default charges if, for example, you don’t pay on time).
(6) Prompt Payment Discount – We may offer you a Prompt Payment Discount (you pay less by paying us quickly). If offered, we will let you know (usually on the invoice) providing the following information
(a) What discount is available (usually a % off the total fixed amount payable) and
(b) When you must pay to get that discount and
(c) If you are paying any VAT, you can only recover the amount of VAT that you actually pay.
(7) Where payment or any part-payment which you owe us is overdue (e.g. if there are problems with the payment method or the payment does not clear on time), then we have the right to
(a) without liability, immediately either stop or suspend any Products until we receive full cleared payment. No rights pass to you until we have received full cleared payment for any amount due to us.
(b) charge interest at 15% per annum from the invoice date to the date we receive cleared payment of any outstanding amounts, together with any available statutory late payment penalties.
(c) recover our reasonable costs in recovering payment from you, including, but not limited to, legal costs and expenses.
4 DELIVERY OF YOUR ORDER
(1) Once you have purchased a Product you may be asked to complete or agree a registration process and will receive an account with log-in details (Username and Password). You are then responsible, for accessing and downloading the Product by following instructions we make available to you.
(b) Since Consumers have cancellation rights you can only access and download digital Content during the 14-day cancellation period if you have expressly agreed to this.
(c) If you have any problems with accessing any programmes and/or products or they are faulty (such as no sound) please email [email protected] so we can help you.
(2) Group Sessions – if you buy anything which includes group sessions, we will give you as much notice as possible of the dates and times of sessions, including any rescheduling.
(3) Facebook Groups – (a) If Products include access to secret or closed Facebook groups (i.e. you must be a member of the group to read posts and contribute), please familiarise yourself with these at www.facebook.com (see https://bit.ly/2yweuTt) and the privacy options at https://bit.ly/2edP6VD).
(b) By becoming a member of and participating in a Facebook group you also agree that
(ii) you will review your profile and your security settings
(iii) you understand that your profile is likely to be on our member’s list which is publicly available via Facebook and other members in the group
(c) you understand that access to Facebook groups is reliant on Facebook’s availability.
5 YOUR OBLIGATIONS
(1) You are responsible for your use of any Products supplied to you including
(a) anyone whom you allow to use Products on your behalf (e.g. an employee) and
(b) ensuring that any Product is right for your needs and/or use and
(c) keeping your account details, the username and password, confidential. If you think there is a problem with your account and/or details please email us immediately to [email protected].
(2) You agree to comply with your obligations and our terms and conditions and policies, including the licence at section 7(2). You agree to indemnify us against all claims, costs and expenses which we may incur, and which arise, directly or indirectly, from your breach of any of your obligations under Agreement.
6 OUR OBLIGATIONS
(1) (a) Products are supplied to a reasonable standard, in accordance with the written description and your order confirmation. We aim for Products to be current and valid at the time you first access them and only amend Products as frequently as we, in our sole discretion, consider appropriate.
(2) We are not responsible for any failure to provide, or unavailability, and cannot guarantee that access to Products will be uninterrupted, secure or error-free. We are not responsible for and make no warranty against electronic virus, worms or any other fault or problems which may occur or as result of using Products, or any e-mails (including any attachments) which we send nor any events, such as crashes, which may result in content and data loss.
(3) Timelines and limits are estimates only (time shall not be of the essence) and we are not liable for any consequences, expenses, damage or any loss suffered because of any unavoidable or reasonable delay in delivery, including, but not limited to, third party involvement and your failure.
(4) We reserve the right to change the supply of Products and/or use alternatives and will provide you with as much notice as is possible if we need to cancel or reschedule.
(5) Anything we agree to supply is supplied electronically and in whatever format and contain the information that we, in our sole and absolute discretion, believe appropriate.
(6) Except as expressly stated in these Terms or statutory warranties applying to consumers, all warranties whether express or implied, by operation of law or otherwise, are excluded.
(7) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY – As far as the law in England allows:
(a) We will not be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage, including any economic loss or loss of profit or business whatsoever suffered by you or any third party howsoever caused, including as a result of any mistakes, accident, negligence, breach of contract or otherwise.
(b) Your rights and remedies are limited to damages (monetary payment) which you agree will never exceed 100% of the amount paid by you and received by us in respect of the order under which you claim or £20 where you have not made any payment (such as accessing free trials or products).
7 LICENCE TO USE
(1) Licence to us – You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free sub-licensable licence so we can access and use in any way (including, but not limited to, edit, modify, adapt, translate, exhibit, publish, transmit, transfer, reproduce, copy, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display) anything which you provide to us to supply Products and services to you.
(2) Licence to you – (a) Subject to Third Party rights, we retain all Intellectual Property Rights in anything we supply to you, but upon cleared full payment we grant you a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use anything we supply to you for the purposes we supplied and for your own use only for as long as the Product is available on the relevant Website or Platform. This includes taking copies which are reasonably necessary so you can use the Products. This also means that only the person or business who buys the Product can use it.
(b) Unless you have our specific written agreement, ownership of any Products (or part of any Product) or anything we provide does not pass to you and no other person or organisation can benefit.
(c) You agree not do anything that may in any way infringe upon or undermine our rights, title, or interest, including, but not limited to, removing any copyright, any use, gift, sale, licence, transfer or commercial exploitation of the whole or any part of any anything that we own and/or supply.
(3) Using our logo and name for promotion – This clause applies when
(a) We have
(i) Accepted a blog from you for a guest blog on one of our websites or platforms or
(ii) Interviewed you on one of our podcasts or
(iii) Agreed, with you in writing, on any other content
(“the Promoted Content”) which you will promote on your websites, on social media or anywhere else that we have specifically agreed in writing.
(b) We both agree that:
(i) Although we own our business names (including any trading names) together with our logos, we give you the right to use these to promote the Promoted Content
(ii) Your promotion is on the basis that the Promoted Content is only accompanied by any other content which is fair, true and accurate, does not breach any law nor the rights or privacy of any third party and is not, nor could be perceived to be, threatening, defamatory, libellous, discriminatory, malicious, offensive, abusive, obscene nor reflects unfavourably on our reputation.
(iii) You will not breach any specific written rules or guidance regarding promotion which we give to you.
(iv) You are solely responsible for your use and promotion of the Promoted Content and will keep us fully indemnified.
8 QUERIES, FAULTS OR COMPLAINTS
(1) Please raise any queries, faults or complaints with us as soon as possible so that we can assist you by emailing [email protected] or to writing to our trading address at International House, 61 Mosely Street, Manchester, United Kingdom M2 3HZ.
(2)(a) We aim to respond to complaints fairly and consistently and within 14 days of receipt.
(b) If any complaint may amount to a breach of our agreement, then you must allow us 30 days to remedy that breach – please also see section 9(3)
(4) We will always work with you to resolve any complaint but if we cannot reach a joint decision or agreement, then we may refer the matter to an arbitrator.
9 ENDING OUR AGREEMENT – INCLUDING CONSUMER RIGHTS
This clause refers to ending our Agreement with you – for faults or complaints see section 8.
(1) Our Agreement will continue until it is ended by either of us in accordance with these terms.
(2) Our agreement will end once you have paid in full and the supply of the Product is completed (for example, when you have accessed and downloaded a Product).
(3) Otherwise, if one of us fails in any important obligation under our Agreement (a material breach) and either:
(a) it can’t be rectified (remedied); or,
(b) it can be rectified (remedied) but this hasn’t been done within 30 days of written notice of the failure by the other party, then the party who hasn’t failed in any of their obligations can immediately give written notice to the other to end the Agreement between us.
(4) Consumer Cancellations – Consumers (defined in s2(3) of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 as individuals acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession) who buy at a distance (such as by email or phone or from a website) have the right to change their mind and cancel some orders. If this law applies, then you usually have 14 days from the date after you place your order to cancel the order. However, you do have to pay for the value of the services provided up to the point you cancel.
(5) Digital Content Products are not supplied to Consumers during the potential 14 day cancellation period, unless you have agreed (consented) for this to happen. Once you access Digital Content you lose any consumer cancellation rights that may have been available to you.
(6) Other termination – Other than as detailed in this clause, including for Consumers in section 9(3) either of us can end (terminate) our Agreement (as regards to some or all of the order) any time, for any reason, by giving to the other 30 days’ written notice. Unless Consumer rights apply or we’ve agreed otherwise in writing, where you end the agreement:
(a) Any payment you have already made, such as deposit or pre-payment up to the date of termination is non-refundable.
(b) You are responsible for paying any outstanding payment. This includes being responsible for payment for the whole of any minimum/subscription or Instalment Payment Option period.
(7) Any Agreement between us will automatically end if either of us, as applicable, passes a resolution for winding up (other than for the purpose of solvent amalgamation or reconstruction) or a court of competent jurisdiction makes an order to that effect, or ceases to carry on its business or substantially the whole of its business, or is declared insolvent, or convenes a meeting of or makes or proposes to make any arrangement or composition with its creditors, or a liquidator, receiver, administrative receiver, manager, trustee or similar officer is appointed over any of its assets.
(8) When our Agreement ends, we both agree to work together to smoothly finalise any outstanding matters.
(1) Assignment – You specifically agree that you cannot transfer, sell or share any rights provided by our Agreement in any way and nobody else can benefit but you without our express written consent.
(b) You agree to keep any information which you get about our business or other individuals whilst we work together (such as in group sessions) confidential to those group sessions and your programme.
(3) Third party rights – Nothing in our Agreement is intended to give any benefit to any third party, including any right to enforce any Agreement with us.
(4) Nothing in our Agreement creates a partnership, joint venture or agency relationship between us.
(5) Notices must be sent to the email and/or postal addresses provided Order Conformation, unless notice of a change has already been given. Notices will be deemed to be received when sent by
- email – on the working day on which they were sent, provided the sender has a valid successful delivery receipt.
- post using any tracked service – on the date that the relevant postal service obtains a record of receipt from or on behalf of the addressee.
(6) Force Majeure – Neither of us will be liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, illness, accidents, war, fire, strikes, lock outs, communication failure, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and we are entitled to a reasonable extension of time to fulfil our obligations.
(7) Waiver – Nothing in our Agreement and no express or implied waiver (giving up of any right) will stop us from enforcing any of our rights in the future.
(8) Invalidity – Each clause or any part at all of our Agreement is to be regarded as independent of the others. This means that if any clause or any part at all of our Agreement is be found to be unenforceable or invalid, it will be severed and will not affect the enforceability or validity of the rest of our Agreement.
(9) Governing Law and Jurisdiction – Our Agreement shall be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
These terms and conditions apply when you use our web-site and/or buy any Products from us.