Legal documents and much more!
Every business owner knows that they need to understand how the law impacts on them – what they do, their sales, suppliers, buyers and the people they come into contact with. As business owners we know that understanding the impact of the law can help improve your business. Making it profitable and avoid or minimise problems, saving you time, money and heartache.
In an ideal world every business owner would be able to have immediate access to a lawyer so they could ask all the questions and documents as and when they needed them, like the biggest businesses who have in-house lawyers. That’s expensive (think well over £150 an hour for the most junior lawyer) and not really practical for the time strapped small business in the UK (small businesses make up around 99.2% of all UK businesses).
We set up the Law In Minutes Club as your on demand legal and business consultant to do three things. To help business owners to
- understand what the law means for them – how it impacts on them and their business and
- have the legal documents they want available at a moment’s notice and
- know how they can use the legal knowledge and those documents to run a better, more profitable and efficient business.
We do this by giving you
- the essential background legal and business knowledge you need about the things that impact your business. For example, essential documents for your website and
- the legal documents you will need to run your business – these come with built in support for using them and
- the Law In Minutes Club Community where you can ask questions about the documents and
- frequent Q&A sessions where you can get information and guidance on the issues which are important to you and your business.
It’s a ‘know then do’ law process.
Can you give me an example of how the Law In Minutes Club helps?
All businesses need terms and conditions (business terms) to explain how you do business. Having great, clear business terms makes life easier because both you and your buyers will know where you both stand. You can buy a legal template that covers your type of business, but before you can have great business terms you need to be 100% clear about how you run your business. There’s no point, for example, in allowing buyers to hold payment from you if there’s a problem if this isn’t right for your business.
Instead, we give you the information you need so that you can make the right choices for your business. That way you know you’re using the right business terms document. You finalise it and are clear about what’s included and making sure that it fits the way you run your business. You get legal documents which show how you do business.
For example, if you’re selling online,
- are you clear when someone can cancel their order just because they want to? Do you know about the things you can do to limit cancellations? This is important if, for example, you’re selling something like online courses, workbooks and other digital downloads.
- Do you know how and when you can legally offer instalment payments?
- Are you sure about what to do if someone pays you late? Or asks their payment provider to do a chargeback?
- Did you know that business terms and conditions don’t have to be complicated, and they are the best way to show how you run your business?
- Are you prepared and know what to do if a buyer asks you to explain what personal data you’re holding and how you use it?
That’s why the Law In Minutes Club gives you
- background information so you’re clear about what’s right for your business
- legal documents that are easy to use with built in support
- support via the and the Law In Minutes Club Community – ask any question about any legal document, attend regular Q & A sessions and get the right answers from the lawyers who wrote the documents.
The Law In Minutes Club isn’t just legal documents?
No. It’s about knowing and understanding what the law means for your business and then being able to use it to help your business. You get
- Background legal and business information – We give you the essential legal information you need, usually in bite sized videos, so you know how the law affects you. We also explain how that works in your business. We keep them short, clear and on point to save you time
- Documents you need to use in your business
- Support when using the documents – most come with built in support and a video ‘how to’ which explains what the document is for, what it covers (section by section) and how you tailor and use it. You can also access the Law In Minutes Club Community where you can ask questions about any of the legal documents in the club. If you need specific information or guidance join one of the frequent Q&A sessions to get the answers you need.
For example, if a client hasn’t paid their bill, we show you what legal rights you and your client have and then give you a template letter/email that you can send to your client.
Who is the Law In Minutes Club for?
The Law In Minutes Club is for small business owners in the UK who are running a business selling their services one to one but who may also sell any ‘products’ they’ve created. This includes, for example,
- Coaches who work 1:1 and/or sell online training, programmes, and workbooks
- Professionals like bookkeepers
How do I use the Law In Minutes Club?
It’s not just legal documents. Think of the Law In Minutes Club as being your personal legal and business expert. It’s divided into sections which include: –
- Getting and Keeping New Clients – Your business terms and policies
- Getting Paid on time
- Essential Documents required for your website
- Step-By-Step Data Protection/ GDPR for your business
- Data Protection Toolkit
- Working With Others – Collaboration and Joint Ventures
- Managing Your Business
- Protecting Your Business Information
- Hiring a Freelancer (or subcontractor)
- Taking on an employee or director
When you have a question or need legal documents, look in the navigation section. Start by watching any background video or reading any guide. Next choose which legal documents you want to use. Our legal documents come with built in support and most have a ‘how to’ explainer video which you can use to complete the document.
So, for example, you want to make sure that you have got all the legal documents that you need on your website. Go to the ‘Essential Documents required for your website’ section. Start by watching the video guides which will explain what you need. Then, work through each of the document sections.
Got a question? Visit the Law In Minutes Club Community where you can ask questions about the documents or join one of the regular Q&A sessions.
HOW DOES THE CLUB SAVE ME MONEY?
- Guides and background information
- Law In Minutes Community – which means networking and meeting new businesses
- Q&A Support – asking any legal and business questions you need
- Support – being able to ask questions to the lawyers who wrote the documents and guides
Who are you?
We understand the law because we are qualified solicitors and lawyers who have worked in and owned traditional solicitors’ practices. We’ve advised thousands of small businesses in every aspect of running a business, including writing just about every type of legal document a small business could ever use.
We’ve also owned our own business, so we know the highs and lows of running a small business.
The Law In Minutes Club combines our knowledge of the law and how small businesses are run so you can be sure that we know what you need and want.
Want to join the Law In Minutes Club?
If you’d like to join the Law In Minutes Club, please click here